Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What to wear...



Last week a Weddings Fresh reader, Kirsten, mentioned to me she was on the hunt for a yellow dress to wear to a wedding.  So I went to work!  I loved your bold choice in the matter and was intrigued to see what was out there.  There are so many things to be cautious of when it comes to yellow so I made sure I found reasonable options to fit your quest!  I however, am not a yellow wearer. Wish I was.  My sister is--she looks fab in it.  It just doesn't sit right on my skin since it has some what of a reddish undertone. You know how it goes. You're looking for that perfect foundation fit and there are those with hints of red and those with touches of yellow. You don't want to look to ashy or gold, plastic or orange...of course finding foundation is just as easy as finding that perfect bathing suit...but I digress.  With that said, yellow is not for everyone, especially if we are talking sold yellow.



Kirsten, I have found these options for your wedding event and I hope you are inspired and I have come across options that you have not. The beautiful dress featured on the top of this post is not in my choices, though I confess it is a dreamy solution :) Who knows who actually made it and if we did know, there's a great chance it's beyond all sorts of credit card limits!  I don't know what kind of wedding you are attending; whether or not it's outside or inside, afternoon or evening, casual or formal, so I tried to bring multiple options to the table. My personal favorites? Numbers 2, 6 & 7. In fact, if I wasn't such a yellow repeller, I would be tempted to buy up the Balenciaga (#6) this moment.  Make sure you take into account the time, place and feel of the wedding when choosing your dress.  Don't be the girl in a mini and 4 inch heels at an outdoor, afternoon garden wedding--eek!!!  (I've seen it with my own two eyes--haven't we all?!).




Enjoy!  I do hope you tell me what you decide on, Kirsten!  And for the rest of you Weddings Fresh readers, I love to hear from you, so please feel free to email me with "What to wear..." questions and comments!

1. Max & Cleo, Nordstrom
2. PF Paola Frani, YOOX
3. The Limited
4. Armand Basi, YOOX
5. Victorias Secret
6. Balenciaga, YOOX
7. Temperley London, The Outnet

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

YES! Thank you so much, Dani. I love all these options! so darn cute. I can't wait to share all these choices with the bride:). THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin